Natalie, the owner and maker of Gossling Organics, makes each collection in small batches by hand in her home studio in Guelph, Ontario.
Almost all of our textiles are GOTS certified organic cotton.
Here is what GOTS means and why we use it.
Conventional cotton fabric uses lots of chemicals - 25% of all pesticides in agriculture, and is made with chemical dyes and processing agents. Organic cotton, on the other hand, is grown without harmful pesticides, printed with low impact dyes and processed without harmful chemicals, resulting in a healthier, safer product for us and for the earth. It is important for us at Gossling Organics to use 100% organic fabrics. It gives us, and you, the option to live a cleaner, eco friendly lifestyle.
GOTS is a textile production certification that limits the use of toxic bleaches, dyes and other chemical inputs during the production process of textiles. It is internationally recognized as the toughest organic textile standard because it goes far beyond verifying the organic farming process to include every step of manufacturing. To obtain the GOTS “organic” label, a product must:
- Contain at least 95% organic fiber
- Not be treated with bleach, formaldehyde or any other toxic substances
- Be colored with nontoxic dyes
- Be produced in a mill that enforces strict social and environmental standards, treating their employees and the earth with deep respect. GOTS certification means that our products meet the very highest standards.
Some of the textiles we use are remnant fabrics from other local makers or textile companies in Guelph. These textiles may not be organic, but we like to use up every scrap of fabric we can to save it from the landfill.
All of our collections are 100% machine washable. However, due to the delicate nature of the hand embroidery, which can be found on some of our products, we recommend spot washing. Should you need to toss your products in the machine, please use a gentle cycle with cold water and mild detergent. This will make them last a long, long time.
Some of our collections use textiles that are hand dyed with natural dyes. It is best to keep these products out of direct sunlight. As much as we love the sun, it can cause these products to fade.
Simply put, we use the least amount of packaging that we can. The packaging that we do use, because we need to make sure that your products arrive to you safe and with necessary information, has been chosen with care.
- Our tissue paper and stickers are from Noissue and are printed using soy based inks on FSC certified acid free paper
- Our mailers are from The Better Packaging Company. They are made from corn starch and a human-made binding agent and are completely home compostable. Just toss it in with your food scraps! For larger orders, we sometimes ship your goods in a box. Your box may not look perfect on the outside because we don’t buy new boxes. We save and reuse boxes that are sent to us.
- Our product tags are made right here in Guelph, Ontario by The Good Card. Each tag is made with wildflower seed paper so cut it off but don’t toss it away. Plant it in your garden and watch it grow!
- Our business cards are made by Moo and are made with 100% recycled t-shirt textiles (yup this one was just too good to turn down for our textile loving hearts)
Returns and exchanges
We want you to be 100% satisfied with your product. We will accept returns and exchanges. Please contact us within 7 days of receipt of the product. Items must be sent back within 21 days of receipt of the product. Cancellations are accepted within 12 hours of purchase. Custom or personalized items cannot be returned or exchanged. Shipping fees will not be refunded in the case of a return or exchange. Any shipping charges required to return/exchange an item will be the responsibility of the customer.
We ship using Canada Post's regular parcel or letter mail options. To upgrade to faster shipping please choose an alternative shipping method at checkout. We will ship your item(s) within 3-5 business days. Shipping times are in addition to processing times which are indicated on each product. We are not responsible for any shipping delays caused by Canada Post.
Shipping fees are charged based on the cost to ship the item plus the cost of the packaging used to ship it in. We do not mark up our shipping costs. Should it cost us less to ship your item to you then you were charged, you will be refunded the difference.